If you do not have a lawyer, you can take a person who does not need to be legally qualified with you to the court to sit alongside you and provide general support (for example, a friend). This person is known as a friend of McKenzie.
You’re going to have to ask the judge for permission to let the McKenzie Friend help you. Requests for such assistance should only be refused for compelling reasons, and you and your proposed McKenzie Friend should be fully explained by the judge.